Tuesday, May 27, 2014

ScareCrow-bot

I think of products & services while I'm on my Sunday morning jog.  Sometimes I'll have ideas cutting the grass too.  Mindless physical activity apparently releases my creative juices.  Go figure.

Anyway, we just put in our garden a couple of weeks ago.  I put up a fence around it to keep the deer and other animals out. We need to net the berry bushes too so the birds don't eat everything.

Got me thinking - "Is there a more high tech way to guard against those critters?"

A motion & heat sensing robot with a super soaker was my idea. I thought it'd be cool if it was solar powered, and used rain water to fill it's reserves.  Of course, it'd be nice if it could communicate with you to let you know if it was low on charge or 'ammo'.  A camera to film the defensive maneuvers would be fun too.

Like a great number of my ideas, I wasn't the first one to think of it:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/2905171/scarecrowbot
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6357391/scarecrow-bot-3000

No comments:

Post a Comment