The process was:
- Lady #1 asked my name
- Lady #2 looked through a box of cards for my name
- Lady #2 handed me my card to sign
- I signed it
- Lady #3 took the signed card, found my signature in a binder with local citizens signatures, and compared them
- Lady #3 decided it was the same signature, then ripped a ticket off the card I signed, and handed it to Lady #4
- Lady #4 escorted me to the polling booth
- The polling booth is electronic, and Lady #4 had to insert what looked like an Atari 2600 cartridge into a slot enabling me to vote
- I voted
- Lady #6 said goodbye to me as I left
(Lady #5 just sat there)
How ridiculous is this process. I would say it's a hold-over from 18th century (maybe earlier), but there was the Atari 2600 cartridge, so it's just a hold-over from the 1970's.
When can we do this on the internet?!?!?!?